Thursday, August 25, 2016

Don't be so salty

Hopefully, you've noticed that my blog is titled "Don't be so salty".  If you're one of those people that uses Urban Dictionary to define terms, I'll do it for you. According to Urban Dictionary, "Salty" is defined as "[being] pissed, upset". Saltiness can originate from many different things, including video games, sports, social life, the list goes on. Being "Salty" usually has negative connotations, but if you come to terms with your inner salt, it can be a thing of humor.

Now the title "Don't be so salty" suggests that I will be lecturing you on your emotions. Being a teenager, I doubt I have the qualifications to help you with such things. But maybe reading my blog would be a great way to come to terms with your salty side, and maybe you'll laugh once or twice along the way as well. (Please laugh I need the confidence boost)

I'm sure everyone has had a salty moment in their life. Think for a moment, back to a moment where you were particularly upset. Perhaps it was from sitting on the bench for all of a basketball game (Me). Or maybe it was from getting particularly unlucky in a game based on luck (Also me). Or maybe it's from something as basic as not having any ice cream left in the freezer (Yup, also me). Now, these don't seem to be very valid reasons to be pissed, upset, or salty. Well that's right! Most of the time, I use the term salty for many different feelings, such as being irritated.

This blog will mainly be about my salty moments, and how I turned these into funny memories. 


10 comments:

  1. I can relate to a fair bit of saltiness at times, but I don't think I've been to the extents that you have. I think that salty stories or unfortunate events are pretty interesting so I'm looking forward to the stories that you decide to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely had some salty moments in my life. It will be fun to see how you view these moments in hindsight and see how you can make these moments into funny experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting focus for a blog. "Salty" was once a slang for profane or coarse (as in coarse language), but I guess if you're feeling salty (in the contemporary sense), your language might get a bit salty (in the older sense).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relatable, I have at least 2 salty moments a day. But my definition of salty is a little different from yours. I agree that being salty is being pissed, but saltiness isn't just being pissed, its also about being butthurt about something that happened against you that made you salty in the first place.

    I look forward to reading about your salty moments. I hope you'll feature some stories in which I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice click-bait title, but worth the read, looking forward to your next posts, looking like it may be relatable therefore pretty interesting. Thanks also for the post on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for this blog!!! I definitely can relate- to the point where my friends had to intervene with my excessive use of salty... Your saltiness of me being faster than you shouldn't stop you from speed skating! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have salty moments a couple of times per day also. I'm excited to hear about all your salty moments and what you make of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The daily recommended salt intake for an average adult is 2,300 mg. What would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An average male adolescent should typically consume up to 1738 mg a day.
      If you're exceeding 2,300 mg, I suggest seeing a psychiatrist

      Delete
  9. Great idea for a blog, I hope you have more commenters who actually care about your life and not about the amount of salt they should be eating. So yeah, I guess you're probably pretty salty about "anonymous."

    ReplyDelete