Thursday, November 3, 2016

Curved

I'm not quite sure which is worse. Being left on *read* or being hit with a "K." In my opinion, getting curved can be a really annoying thing. Urban dictionary defines curved as "To reject or Stand up. Curvin -means the same thing except it means your doing the rejecting or the standing up of someone"

I'm going to be using the term curved in a much broader sense. For this post, I'll be using it to describe being "rejected" in text form. Now it doesn't even have to be someone you're trying to pull. It could just be a friend you're talking to. Basically, if someone curves you in a text, it means they probably don't know how to respond and/or don't want to respond but are being polite. 

Example:

"Yo bro I'm throwing a party tonight"
"O"
"It's gonna be rly fun"
"K"
"You gonna come through?"
*read*

Most of the time I try to carry the conversation, but it just isn't fun to text someone who repeatedly replies with one letter/word.

As for the urban dictionary definition of curved, I guess you could be texting 'bae' and they hit you with the "oh, that's cool" or "lol" or just any phrase that kills the vibe. If they follow it with a question then it's cool with me, but if they continue with their zero effort replies and force me to carry the conversation, I usually get outa there real quick.

Anyone else have people that reply with short phrases/put no effort into their texts?

4 comments:

  1. Never really thought about really short texts like this before. I give some out quite often, but for the sake of getting the point across fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always learn intersting things from your blog man. Apart from learning about "curved," I didn't know that you could say "O" in a message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol i love this, I've been curved recently - its rough. Hope you get through it bro. Great post, you always pull through with the humor... :)

    ReplyDelete